Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Momma, You So Pwetty

Zach was always a happy and healthy little guy. His big brown eyes sparkled and his sweet smile never failed to make my day. But one day when Zach was a little over a year old, he woke up with a fever and an earache.

When I leaned down over him in his bed to kiss him and take his temperature, he looked up at me and said, “Momma you so pwetty”.
My heart instantly melted. My little boy saw me from the inside out.

What do your children see when they look at you?
Do they see a mom or dad who doesn’t hold back their love?

Do they see a mom or dad who treats their other parent with respect…if not love AND respect?
Do they see a mom or dad who has integrity and honor?

Do they see a mom or dad who loves them for who they are…period?
Do they see a mom or dad who lives their faith and is the same person no matter where they are or who they’re with?

Do they see a mom or dad who demonstrates a strong work ethic?

Do they see a mom or dad who values family and home over money and status?
Do they see a mom or dad who will always be there for them… no matter what?

I’m sure there have been times in Zach’s life (and the lives of my other children) when they haven’t always thought I was so ‘pwetty’, but there has never been a time in their lives when they haven’t known they have my unconditional and undying love.
I hope and pray you can say the same.

 
Love,
Momma D
                                Copyright 2015 Darla Noble No part of this can be copied or used with permission from the author.

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment